Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 25 Sep 2023 11:50:58 GMT by Man219
Hi I came to the UK and became a UK tax resident in May 2022. I am a housewife since April 2022. I sold my owner-occupied property in Hong Kong in Dec 2022. Which is within 9months after I moved in the UK. Do I need to fill in the form of Self Assessment or Capital Gains? Please give me advice. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 11:21:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

No you not, as this was your main home.

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.