Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 15:28:16 GMT by
Hi, the system displayed an error message when I input my husband details for transfering my Marriage Allowance to him for the tax year 2022/2023 online Self Assessment (SA) under "Fill in Your Return" of HMRC website. Please kindly note that I did not apply marriage allowance separately before. That error showed that the details that I input did not match with my husband's although we have checked all inputs are correct. After my three attempts to match the recipient details, the error message is still dislayed and I cannot select the session box under "Tailor Your Return" to transfer my Marriage Allowance because the system deleted that page automatically under "Fill in Your Return". Now I get stuck at this point and cannot complete the online SA. Therefore, what can I do to get back the page of Marriage Allowance for my input for transferring allowance to my husband? Many thanks!
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 07:00:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi DmHo,
Although you've checked that the details you've input for your husband match his own, they may be different to the details we have on his record. Please contact us by phone here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
With your husband present.
We can advise you on applying the transfer.
Alternatively, file your return without the transfer of marriage allowance, then write to us at the address given at the above link, requesting the transfer be applied.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.