Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2024 07:54:42 GMT by DL2024
I went abroad (Switzerland) and worked from March until June. This means I have income that goes across two Uk tax years. I have been taxed at source in Switzerland but understand I will need to also complete a tax return to determine the final rate of tax to pay. How does this work when coming back to the UK to split the tax paid across the two tax years on the self assessment forms. Thanks
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2024 12:59:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would need to split the income and the tax deducted to match the UK tax year. When declaring this, it also needs to done in sterling.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.