Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 08:55:53 GMT by
For a non-UK resident British citizen living in France who has income in France and rents out a property in the UK. The share of the rental income is below the UK personal allowance threshold. Should the personal allowance take into account the foreign income, and if so, how can this be registered if it does not have to be declared on the UK self assessment return (and the tax is fully paid in France)?
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 09:51:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi James,
As non UK resident, you will only declare the UK income that you receive.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.