Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 10 Oct 2023 14:14:35 GMT by
Hi HMRC, For foreign rental income from a condo in the US, I'd like to know if the following expenses related to that property are allowable deductions to reduce taxable rental income: 1) Property tax imposed by the local jurisdiction in Texas, which is used to fund local municipal services (similar to the council tax in the UK). 2) Homeowners Association (HOA) fee, which is used to cover costs such as maintaining the shared amenities in a residential community (similar to an estate management fee in the UK). Thanks.
Posted Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:55:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you can claim these if they have been paid by you and not the tennant.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.