Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 04:19:09 GMT by Wellington
Employed Germany where compulsory payments for health care and unemployment insurance deducted from salary. Can I claim these deductions on UK tax return as my German salary was reduced by these deductions as well as tax deducted. Need to fill out my UK tax return. Thank you
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 10:40:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If this is classed as the solidaruty surcharge, yes - see :

Double Taxation Relief Manual    .

Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 21:44:59 GMT by Wellington
Great thanks. What about the following which were also deducted: arbeitnehmer anteil zur gestezlichen rentenversicherung employees share in the statutory pension insurance arbeitnehmer beitrage zur gestezlichen krankenversicherung employees contribute to statutory health insurance arbeitnehmerbeiträge zur sozialen pflegeversicherung employee contributions to social long-term care insurance arbeitnehmer beiträge zur arbeitslosenversicherung employee contributions to unemployment insurance Thank you
Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 11:46:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Wellington,
If these are not included in the link previously sent then you cannot deduct them as expenses from your income.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.