Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 14:11:15 GMT by
I have share options awarded on an annual basis , for which I receive a cash dividend each year. The dividend is subject to Swiss dividend withholding tax of 35% . I am an additional rate tax payer and file a self return. I don’t intend to claim the tax credit back from Switzerland , but I am confused as to how I should treat this in my self assessment . The dividend is less than the uk dividend allowance . Can you please advise.
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:22:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You will declare this as foreign income in your retrn and claim foreign tax credit relief for the tax paid. This will be limited to the UK tax that is due on this source.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.