Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 May 2024 12:13:09 GMT by Peter Page
In helping my wife complete make a self assessment payment, I logged in and made the payment but used my HMRC log in and in error used my UTR for the payment reference. How can I report the mistake, how quickly will the error be picked up and will they refund the payment? Can HMRC allocate the payment to the correct UTR? Thanks for any advice
Posted Mon, 03 Jun 2024 09:46:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

It can take up to 10 working days for the payment to show on the account. If you allow for that timescale and then contact our Self Assessment team so we can reallocate the pament to the correct UTR. 

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 18:59:20 GMT by Peter Page
Thanks, I ended up writing and have received a reply seeking full details of the payment. I've replied, hopefully the payment can be reallocated as you suggest.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.