Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 12:46:23 GMT by
I am trying to fill out a self assessment for the first time. I have spoken to a friend, who tells me that as the money was gift aided in my husband's name, even though from our joint account, I can include it in my SA form (my husband doesn't have to do one). However, when I googled a came across an online forum post from this site which seemed to suggest that as it was from a joint account I claim half the value under my SA form. I don't want to fill in the form wrong, but equally don't want to end up paying more tax than I have to! Please advise, thanks.
Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 12:55:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
As it is a joint account, you can only claim half.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.