Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 13:14:20 GMT by Steve
Worked freelance (invoiced) in June + July, went on to JSA/Universal Credit in August, now back to freelance and will be doing some temporary full-time work over the next couple of months. Do I have to submit this and how? Thanks for any help :)
Posted Thu, 07 Sep 2023 11:31:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Your freelance work is classed as self employment and if you earn more than £1000 you meet the criteria to complete a Self Assessment tax return. You will need to register for Self Aassessment as a sole trader. Step by step guidance on registering as a sole trader can be found here:

Register for Self Assessment

Thnak you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.