Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:52:15 GMT by Vivitim123
Hi, apart from my income from working full time, I earned an additional income of around £600 from an online teaching project in a tax year. And it is a foreign income. Is it considered as self-employment income? I think it is a 'casual service' so I think it is under the trading allowance. Since it's less than the £1000 trading allowance, do I need to report it on the self-assessment form? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:09:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Vivitim123,
Yes, this would be self employment and covered by the trading allowance so no need to declare.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.