Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Dec 2023 09:59:09 GMT by
Hi, Last year my employer overpaid me and this is showing on my P60, Lets say the sum they overpaid me was £25000 I paid them back £12500 as that is what I received after tax and NI On my self assessment, do I just deduct that £25000 despite my P60 reflecting something different, and add notes to the income as well as attaching the evidence to my submission?
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:32:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Your employer will need to submit the amended details to HMRC and to yourself. You would then declare the amended details on your Self Assessment tax return. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.