Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 12:14:22 GMT by DavidH91
Hi, I need to complete a self assessment for 2022/2023 to cover the High Income Child Benefit Charge but am not sure where to capture income from company issued shares. The shares were issued in the tax year 2022/2023 with an estimated value and taxed via PAYE, which is reflected in the P60 from that year. However, the shares were locked for sale until the tax year 2023/2024. Once they were available to sell their value had dropped from the estimate in the previous tax year. How/what section of the self assessment should I capture this in?
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 13:29:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

As they were part of your PAYE income and included on the P60 there is no need to declare them anywhere else on the return for 2022 to 2023. There is no loss in 2022 to 2023.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.