Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2024 11:44:00 GMT by Tim Byrne
Hello. I submitted a claim to claim professional fees for the last 4/5 years. I havent submitted any in that time. Got the figures from my union and applied online in May 24. Didn't hear anything. Contacted HMRC today, they said no form was submitted. They advised to resubmit. I went to resubmit and it is is clear that when I start the process again, it has recorded the figures I wanted to claim each financial year, Now it states that these figures are already in my tax code...for each year. eg 24/25 £81 total amount of subscriptions 23/24 £469 total amount of subscriptions 22/23 £226 etc etc total amount of subscriptions BUT I havent received a penny of the amounts What am I doing wrong/why didnt I receive the amounts for each of the 4/5 years gone? All that seemed to have happened is that I shared information with HRMC but not received any claim/money in return. It took an hour to get through to HRMC today. I will have to contact them back again, but can anyone assist here with additional information which will assist me and the HRMC?
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2024 10:29:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tim,
Unfortunately we are unable to check personal records via the forum which ths query would require.
You would need to contact HMRC to progress chase the form.
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.