Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2024 21:42:42 GMT by SunH
I only arrive at UK on 11 January 2024. Before that date, I was NOT a UK tax resident. After going through the self assessment questions on HMRC website. I find that I do not need to submit a self assessment return. I have the following questions: 1. Do I still need to get a UTR number and submit the self-assessment return in the above case(I.e. split year though I have gone through the self-assessment questions and be advised that no self-assessment return is required) 2. If UTR number is needed, how can I get it? I have opened a personal tax account but cannot find the way to get the URT. Thanks
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:20:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Self Assessment tax returns

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.