Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 09 Jun 2024 19:20:27 GMT by Lu90
I'm a casual babysitter and the 23/24 tax year I went slightly over the £1k trading allowance so I have to do a self assessment. The UK Gov website defines babysitting as a casual service (under trading allowance) but when registering for the self assessment, this is not an option; therefore, do I need to register as self-employed? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2024 10:19:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

As you're earning over the trading allowance, you would need to register for Self Employment to declare this income.

You can do so here.

Check how to register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.