Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 13:31:56 GMT by Craig Thompson
I logged into my personal tax account earlier today and saw that the incorrect address was being used. I attempted to correct this and received the message below. Then I tried to phone your call line on 0300 200 3300 and after spending the better part of the time between then and now, haven't found a suitable option or a way of speaking to someone to fix this. The address is in the same city as I live, however, it's not the right address and I have never lived in the address stated. How do I fix this when your own mechanisms don't allow me too? ------------- You cannot use this service to update your address The date you entered is earlier than a date previously held on your address record. If you entered 1 February 2022 by mistake you can go back to enter another date. If you entered the correct date, contact HMRC (opens in new tab) to update your address.
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 11:14:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If the date is being rejected, you would either need to use a more recent date or contact us again by either telephone or in writing.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.