Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:02:04 GMT by
Hello, I paid off my student loan in full in the 22/23 tax year and the balance showing on the SLC portal is £0. There are 3 questions in the student loans section on the self assessment form: 1. If you’ve received notification from Student Loans Company that your repayment of an Income Contingent Loan was due before 6 April 2023, put ‘X’ in the box. We’ll use your plan and or loan type to calculate amounts due 2. If your employer has deducted Student Loan repayments enter the amount deducted 3. If your employer has deducted Postgraduate Loan repayments enter the amount deducted Since the loan was fully paid do these boxes get left blank (even though there are student loan PAYE deductions on my P60, for a few months of the tax year before I paid it off in full)? If so, does an explanatory note need to be added to the return? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 08:39:01 GMT by
Hello, is it possible to answer this one please? Thank you in advance.
Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 08:18:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Northerndogfriend,
As student loan deductions in the 2022/23 you would need to enter the details on the tax return.
Once the tax return is processed the student loan company will confirm the loan paid and any adjustments will be made to the calculation. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.