Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 08:44:10 GMT by
I have foreign income on a property in Ireland but the tax year differs to the UK - Jan to Jan rather than April to April. The tax return for the period Jan - April has not yet been made. How do you report when the tax years differ? And what do you report if there is a loss?
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 08:26:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi mcmd,
To keep it simple, use the figures for the year for Ireland to put in the UK one.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.