Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 13:29:37 GMT by
Hi, when doing self assessment for different category, can I use different official exchange rate provided by HMRC? Say I want to use average exchange rate for oversea dividend; and monthly rate for Capital Gain, Or I must apply same set of rate for the whole assessment.
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:59:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi arsenal4mylife,
As they are different sources of income you can use different rates.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.