Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 18:22:50 GMT by
I will first state that my mobile is fine, the mobile network is fine, my mobile reception is fine and I CAN receive similar access codes from other services which I use and whose codes are sent to the same mobile and number. Have been having a real nightmare with this during the afternoon and have just submitted an online request to the technical team (it's an option on the login page related to failed logins), apparently though it can take up to 48 hours to get a reply so thought I'd ask here as well. So, my issue: basically the HMRC system is not sending an access code to my mobile when I login and try and submit my self-employment self assessment tax return. I've never had this issue before and have been using the same mobile and its phone number for more than six years for my HMRC login. Funnily enough when I first logged into the system today (prior to completing my tax return) I received the access code on that same mobile and number without any problem. However, when I logged back in again after pressing Submit I THEN had the problem with no access code arriving on my mobile. Have clicked the link to request that another code be sent a number of times in the past two hours and still nothing received. Can anyone advise please? Has anyone else had this issue? Obviously it can't be my mobile or its phone number at fault because other non-HMRC services can send their own login access codes to the same mobile and number without any problems. All I want to do is submit my completed tax return ........ Thanks.
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:32:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi CharlieBoy,
You will need to contact online services to discuss this contact details here:
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.