Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 04 Nov 2023 11:56:38 GMT by
Hi, I owed HMRC £552 for SA ( for PAYE they owe me £1900) and I paid the outstanding balance rather than wait for a rebate.
I have now had a letter informing me that this debt has been passed on to a credit agency .
I’ve contacted the agency but should I contact HMRC too?
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 06:51:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Asktax35 Williams,
Yes you would need to contact HMRC as you should not received a PAYE and a Self Assessment calculation for the same tax year.
Technical support with HMRC online services
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.