Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Sep 2023 12:09:40 GMT by ontheroad91
Hello, I am hoping to get some advice for my tax situation. I have been a UK resident and filed self assessment tax returns for the last several years. I moved to Portugal in July 2022 and I'm don't quite qualify for non-residency for the year in the UK due to having too many ties etc. I was hoping that I can apply for a Split year treatment for this year, paying tax in the UK up until July 2022, then paying tax in Portugal from then on. Please can you advice me on the best course of action and how I can go about doing this? TIA
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 13:58:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

To establish your residency/ split year position for the 2022 to 2023 tax year, please refer to the detailed Statutory Residence Test guidance notes:  

RDR3: Statutory Residence Test (SRT) notes

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.