Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 11 Nov 2023 10:38:34 GMT by
Hello. I am trying to complete my self assessment tax return for the first time. I am not self employed but receive income from rental property. The question I need help with relates to did I receive any UK pensions. I do not receive any pension at present as I am not state pensions age. I do receive my late husband's occupational pension following his death. He was also not state pension age. Do I declare this here ? It seems to only relate to state pension?
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 09:57:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Laura Spiers,
As you have rental income, a tax return is required.
In that tax return, you will need to declare your world-wide income.
This will include the occupational pension your receive from your late husband.
In the paper tax return (SA100), it is entered in box 11 of page TR3, with tax declared in box 12.
When tailoring your online return, navigate to page 2 of 3 and tick yes to
"Did you receive any UK pensions, annuities or state benefits, for example, state pension, occupational pension, retirement annuity, Incapacity Benefit?"and save and continue.
This will allow you to enter your occupational pension figures.
Thank you, 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.