Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 24 Sep 2023 13:09:54 GMT by Tobias Rank
When going on a business trip to Germany, foreign tax is deducted in my payslip for the days worked in Germany. UK tax for that month is reduced accordingly. My P60 shows: 1) Total annual income (incl. for any business trips / days worked in Germany) 2) Total UK Tax deduced (excl. foreign tax) 3) A footnote / remark about foreign tax deducted. In my self assessment, I need to report 1) and 2). I am not asked for 3). I am concerned HMRC therefore ignores my foreign tax paid and fully taxes this income again, even though foreign tax was deducted already. How can I report foreign tax paid in my self-assessment on my UK PAYE income? Thanks
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 09:44:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

If you're taxed twice

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.