Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:07:03 GMT by
I am a UK-based freelancer (sole trader) with a foreign client (Danish). I have been researching how I need to declare my earnings and would like to clarify the following as being correct or incorrect: 1. Freelance work is classed as self employment and if earning more than £1000 in a tax year I will need to complete a Self Assessment tax return 2. As I am living and working in the UK, with a foreign client (source of income), my earnings are classed income in the Self Employed pages (SA103) of my tax return 3. Income only needs to be reported as foreign income if foreign tax has been paid and I am look to recover tax credit (SA106) 4. I would only need to pay Danish tax if living and/or working in Denmark - not sure this can be answered by HMRC
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:26:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi louisev,
You are correct in every point.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.