Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 20:02:54 GMT by
Hi, I'm a full time employee taxed through PAYE, have completed my tax return and have declared nothing taxable except my full employment. However there is a an approx 2k difference between income tax due and income tax paid which I am requested to pay, but how is that possible when I am taxed via PAYE and there have been no changes in my tax code etc?
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 14:17:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
It could be if your income was over £100,000 for the tax year and you received the full personal allowance £12570 in your tax code.
Once your income goes over the £100,000 threshold your personal allowance is reduced by £1 for every £2 above the threshold.
If you contact HMRC we can review the calculation for you:
Self Assessment: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.