Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 21 Aug 2023 21:52:51 GMT by C CYK
I submitted the SA1 Form online on 27 July 2023, to request split-year treatment and obtain a UTR number. Since I have not received my UTR number yet, I attempted to check the progress of my application by visiting the "Check progress" section in my tax personal account (tax.service.gov.uk/track). However, I could not locate my submitted SA1 Form there. Should I consider reapplying for the SA1 Form online? Please provide guidance.
Posted Thu, 24 Aug 2023 15:37:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi C CYK,
You should receive your UTR within the next 2 weeks, you do not need to reapply.
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 24 Aug 2023 21:42:25 GMT by
Hi HMRC, I have the similar situation. My parents sent their paper SA1 form by post with 1st-class registered royal mailing service on 1 August 2023. I would like to know when will be the date they could receive their UTR number from HMRC via the post. They even cannot check the UTR no. by personal tax account as they are unable to pass through the identity check for getting government gateway ID. Please advise accordingly. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 06:54:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi KuenHK,
Your parents would each have to contact our webchat facility in their own right and pass security to progress chase their forms.
We cannot advise how long it may take to process the form.
They can contact the webchat team at:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
From 4 September, the Self Assessment telephone number opens again.
They could call 0300 200 3310 to progress chase their UTR's.
Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 15:07:24 GMT by
Hi, Regarding the webchat service advised above, I had tried this service, but in vain (and felt very disappointed), as the advisor said they could only check the application status for the "already" taxpayer who had the UTR number for checking. However, it is the first time my parents applied for SA1 and UTR no. It seems that no any methods could be used to trace the application status, except just passive waiting......sigh!!!!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.