Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 16:32:38 GMT by
Apologies if this has been asked before. My income is a little complicated in that I receive personal pensions, some benefits plus rental income due to the death of my partner. My main pension is being heavily taxed via a K tax code - despite completing a self assessment yearly which will pay all outstanding tax owed on income not taxed at source, which is the rental income and benefits. I did not think a K tax code should be used in situations where self assessments are completed? The bulk of tax due for the current year having been paid on account in last years SA?
Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 08:41:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

It depends on what has generated the K code. If it is in relation to company benefits or a state pension then these deductions must remain in the code.

If it is for something else, you can ask for these to be removed. In the tax return there is a question that asks if you have not paid enough tax and you put an X in the box so that its not coded.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.