Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2024 15:55:45 GMT by Formfilla
Today I applied online to register for self assessment for 2023/24. When I had finished there was nothing to acknowledge my application - no message on the completion page, no form to track in my personal tax information account and no email confirmation form HMRC. Will I receive anything? Should I be worried? I know that I have a duty to register by a date in October - as far as I know, I have complied, but I do not the reassurance of an acknowedgement from HMRC?
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2024 09:34:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Formfilla,
Unless you received an error message then your registration should have been received.
If you allow the timescale for the registration to be processed.
If you do not receive a reply after the timesacle has been reached then you can contact HMRC to review:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2024 10:04:30 GMT by Bleachie
Hi, I’ve had the same problem as Formfilla. I registered and it told me the address didn’t match so I went back into my account, changed the address and re-submitted my form. I’ve had no confirmation of submission and it’s not showing in the form tracking section of the app - do I assume everything has been received and is being processed? Do I wait the 10 working days for a UTR and then panic when that doesn’t appear?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2024 06:20:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Bleachie,
Unfortunately, it is not possible to check individual tax records through this forum, if you have a question which relates to your Self Assessment tax situation  please contact our helpline:  
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

  

You must be signed in to post in this forum.