Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 02 Dec 2023 15:30:09 GMT by
Hi I contacted hmrc because I owe £207 child benefit 22/23. When completing self assessment- The calculation told me that I owed £ 400 that I needed to pay in addition however I work for a multinational company and I am taxed through PAYE. HMRC said I should pay current years child benefit through a new tax code which I agreed to. When I logged into look at the updated details this morning;my annual tax free amount is down to £5227and that tax adjustments owed this year £605(repay immediately from now to 5th april 2024) and repay £1182 child benefit. My new tax code is 522xl I am worried now that they will take the child benefit between now and 5th april also . I am not sure what to do-any tips?
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 11:27:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

We would need to access you records to review the tax code. You can contact our Income Tax team at:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.