Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 20:30:04 GMT by 037wong
Hi, "I received dividends in Hong Kong totaling over £2,000 last year, but I did not bring the dividend to the UK. I have some questions regarding tax implications: 1. Do I need to declare this dividend in my tax return? 2. Is it necessary to pay taxes in the UK even if I do not bring the dividend into the country? 3. I came across a quote on your website that says, "If your only foreign income is dividends, you do not need to fill in a tax return." Since my only foreign income is dividends, does that mean I do not need to fill in a tax return in this case?
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 13:18:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance at:

Paying tax on the remittance basis (Self Assessment helpsheet HS264)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.