Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2024 06:11:20 GMT by evawan88
I am a non-UK resident. I am not studying or working in UK. I own a UK property. I failed to create an account to complete the self assessment online as I don't have the National Insurance Number to verify the identity. Can you advise if there is other way to complete the self assessment online?
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 17:54:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi evawan88,
As a non resident landlord you cannot file online as you need to complete the residence section which is not supported.
You will need to file by paper or purchase 3rd party software:
Please see guidance here:
Tax on your UK income if you live abroad
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.