Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 11:08:13 GMT by
Hi. I am in the process of inheriting my mom's estate and property. The total amount will be above the standard inheritance tax nil-rate band (£325K). However, the property is coming directly to me as her son, so I assume that counts towards the residents nil-rate band. In which case I do not need to pay inheritance tax – so my question is, do I need to declare anything if it falls below the combined £500K limit. In short: do I need to fill in any forms or tell the tax man. Thanks!
Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 12:50:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Please contact the Inheritance Tax office on 0300 123 1072 or webchat:
Inheritance Tax: detailed information
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.