Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 14 Jan 2024 21:52:11 GMT by
I've informed HMRC my interest and dividend earned through the "report missing income" function so I have requested cancelling my self assessment account. I'm still waiting for response so do I need to report my extra income again on seld assessment before 31/1?
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 12:35:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If the interest was less than £10,000 and this is the only reason for completing a return, you can contact us to have the return cancelled - Self Assessment tax returns
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 14:14:23 GMT by
I can confirm my interest and dividend from overseas in total is less than £10000 so it means I can cancel self assessment?
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 12:32:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can check if you still meet Self Assessment criteria here:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

If you no longer meet the criteria, you can then submit a request to close your Self Assessment account.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.