Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:10:21 GMT by Pumpkin One
Self employed trader. Can I claim motor expenses for a vehicle used by me but in the name of my spouse? Business use is about 30%.
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 10:32:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Pumpkin One,
If you contribute to the running costs of the car, it does not matter that it is in your wife's name as long as you are basing your claim on your actual usage of the vehicle.  
Please guidance here:
Expenses if you're self-employed.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.