Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 08:05:00 GMT by
Apologies as I know this has been covered in various ways, but Im struggling to get this 100% right. I was made redundant last tax year, in the October. I started working again in the January. So I had two employers all tax year. For Employer A, my P60 shows a sum of (X) for my total income. This includes the redundancy payment, which was £30k. I also recieved PILON. I paid a tax sum of (Y). is my understanding of this correct: In the box for Employer A income, I put the value of (X) minus the £30k but inclusive of the PILON value and then in the tax paid I include the full tax amount? Then, in other income, I put the £30k. The redundancy package was a straight £30k so nothing else to add in the "above £30k" bracket. And then Employer B, I just put the standard details? When I do this, my final calculation ignores the £30k as income, which I believe is right as it is ex gratia and doesnt attract tax?
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:56:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

That is correct. The 30k exemption should be shown at the quesiton, compensation and lump sums payments up to the £30,000 exemption. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.