Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 20:20:14 GMT by Sung Hee Andy Luk
Tax year 2022-23 is my first tax year. Originally, I plan to send my self-assessment for my tax return and would apply for split year treatment because I have earned income from Hong Kong in 2022-23, this oversea income tax return has been consildated and paid in Hong Kong. And also, I already got my UTR number in July 2023 from HMRC. However, I have to leave the UK in September 2023 and may not be come back. Please advise what can i do ?
Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 12:59:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You will still need to send in the tax return for 22/23 and you may also need to so one for 23/24.

Please refer to :

RDR3 Statutory Residence Test    .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.