Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 10:02:22 GMT by
Certainly, here is your message translated into English: --- Hello, For the past year and a half, I have been working for a Maltese company, and last year I completed my self-assessment, including this income and deducting the taxes paid in Malta. However, I was not able to deduct the Maltese National Insurance. My new accountant told me that I should be receiving my gross salary and only pay taxes in the UK. Is this correct? From what I understand, there needs to be an accountant here in the UK who issues the payslip. Thank you for your help
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 13:58:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance at:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.