Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 14 Oct 2023 15:46:04 GMT by
I have a loss arising on an EIS investment which I am reflecting in my 22/23 return but want to claim the income tax loss relief in 21/22. I have followed section 12 of HS 286 and included the loss in box 43 (and box 44) on page CG2 of SA108, then have calculated the impact on my 21/22 liability and included that in box 15 on TC2 of SA110. The impact of this on my 22/23 tax calculation is that it isn't included in the income tax under / over paid for the year (understandable as I'm claiming it in 21/22) - but how do I actually get the refund for this ? I submitted my 22/23 return and everything else was as expected, apart from not getting this overpayment back. I also tried included the same amount in box 16 of my 21/22 return but that also had no impact.
Posted Wed, 18 Oct 2023 12:56:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Once you submit the return, it automaticlly puts a credit on your account to reflect the loss carry back. it will only do this on the original submission and any amendment to create this doesnt work. if it is an amendment you have done for 2022 to 2023.

You will need to contact our Income Tax team to have this reviewed.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.