Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 Nov 2023 12:03:37 GMT by Skylark007
Hi I am in that threshold where I submit SA every year for earnings to ensure I pay back Child Benefit. My last child has come of age and I no longer am I receipt of any Child Benefit. Whilst I know I can do an end of year return, I won't get that until next year and current am losing the CB amounts in tax paid each month. I can adjust my tax code now, but need to check, do I go with the standard rate now? I did not owe anything from last year. Thanks
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 07:23:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Skylark007,
If the Child Benefit has ceased and still being taxed in your code for the annual amount you will need to contact HMRC to access your record and amend the code.
We can also review if your Self Asssessment can be closed.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you, 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.