Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 28 Jan 2024 23:54:01 GMT by
I'd like to check I'm filling in the forms correctly regarding higher rate relief on pension contributions. I'm employed and have a pension with Nest via my employer. My employer and I both contribute a percentage of my salary. My personal contribution deduction is shown on my payslip (but it's not done as salary sacrifice) and I receive 20% relief at source. I pay tax at a higher rate and am trying to claim the difference. I've answered "Yes" to the question "Did you make contributions towards a personal pension or retirement annuity?" as it seems to be the only way to enable the box that allows entering pension contribution details below. I've then entered the pension contributions details under the following: "Payments to registered pension schemes (also known as PPR) where basic rate tax relief will be claimed by your pension provider (called 'relief at source'). Enter the payments and basic rate tax:" Have I filled in the form correctly in this case? In other words, do my personal contributions to my workplace pension count as "contributions towards a personal pension"? If not, where on the form should I claim for this?
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:20:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

As not under salary sacrifice, yes, relief is due and you have filled it in correctly.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.