Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Jan 2024 19:20:40 GMT by Alam
Hi, I had filed and submitted our tax returns online through third party software to HMRC on 7th Jan, 2024, with reference numbers, IRmark and correlation ID which were evidence to prove my tax return went through and submitted to HMRC. However, when I checked my HMRC online account, there has no relevant showing or updates about that, it only showed ‘there is no forms submitted… online forms would take a few hours’. I have submitted my online forms over two weeks , therefore I am worrying the actual progress. Has HMRC received my tax return accordingly? Hopefully I will not miss the deadline. Please advise. Thank you so much.
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 14:34:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Alam,
As you have used 3rd party software to file, it will not show on your HMRC account.
If you have the submission receipt reference, this will be your evidence that it has been sent.
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 15:05:09 GMT by Alam
Dear Officer, Thank you so much for your reply. If so, how will HMRC contact me after calculating my tax liable? By emial? Through 3rd party or where can I check the next step I should do before the deadline of 31st January? This is my first time filling tax return in the UK, hope I won't miss anything important. Thanks!
Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 08:12:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

As your return has been submitted online you will have been able to see if there is any charge to pay. This is also available by viewing your statement. HMRC will not contact you before 31 January 2024 due to you filing online.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.