Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Sep 2023 20:44:16 GMT by Paz McE
I've been offered 2 weeks work with a former employee. I've been in full time employment for all of my working life so me having to do taxes and invoices is totally new to me. Could anyone point me in the right direction where I would need to start, I start in 2 weeks time so needed as much info about this as possible. Thanks
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 08:52:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If this work will be as self employed and your income will be £1000 or more you will need to register as self employed and will be set up in Self Assessment to complete a tax return.

Set up as self-employed (a 'sole trader'): step by step

You can also check if you need to register for Self Assessment at:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.