Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2023 18:30:56 GMT by DM94
Hi, I currently hold units in a UK reporting fund which I believe I will need to pay excess reportable income on. My questions are: - if my fund only holds equities/shares I believe the ERI should be reported as a dividend, therefore can I use my annual dividend allowance to cover some or all of the ERI due instead of having to complete a self-assessment? - if I sell some or all of my units after my fund's reporting date, is the tax on the ERI pro-rated or do I need to pay it all even though I won't receive the reported amount of income as I no longer hold the units? Thanks! DM
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:34:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi DM94,
You need to declare this on a tax return
Please see see guidnace here:
HS265 Offshore funds Published 6 April 2023
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.