Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 05:54:50 GMT by
Hi there, If I become a UK tax resident in the middle of a tax year 2022/23, but no taxable income in UK part and the oversea part of income was already reported to Hong Kong Tax Department. Do I still need to apply a self-assessment for the split year treatment? Cheers!
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 11:51:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
No, its not required. 
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 11:04:09 GMT by
Thanks Admin! May I know how to cancel my UTR registration? Because I thought I needed to apply for self-assessment and registered the UTR number on 17th Jan, 2024, but still did not receive the UTR number. Could you advice how to stop the application at this time? Thank you so much!
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 13:44:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Self Assessment tax returns

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.