Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 27 Oct 2023 10:07:41 GMT by
Dear Sir/Madam, I previously owned a UK property that was primarily used for rental purposes. The rental agreement was ended in 2022, and I regained possession of the property on 1-June-2022. Although it was not furnished at that time, I also used a visitor visa to temporarily stay (no more than 10 days) in the property for tenancy settlement matters and to assess the conditions of the property. Beside of this UK visit , I never visit UK in past. Subsequently I obtained a Tier 1 visa and used the Tier 1 visa to enter UK on 1-November-2022, I live in that property start on 1-Nov-2022 until present. During the tax year of 2022/2023, I did not have any family members residing in the UK, I also didn't get any job working in UK. In above situation, I would like to know which date should be considered as my UK home “starting date” for split year treatment, 1-June-2022 or 1-November-2022 ? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 15:38:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
We can only provide general information / guidance in this forum.  
For an answer to a detailed question of this nature, you would need to contact our self assesment helpline on 0300 200 3310, or seek professional advice.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.