Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2024 10:14:27 GMT by Michael Frostwick
Hi, Sending another community forum. I recently done some self employed work onside my PAYE part time work but had to stop due to a car breakdown. I did register for self assessment, but as of today I’ve declared I’m no longer self employed now I got my UTR through the post. I earned less than £1000, will I need to submit a tax return? Kind Regards Michael
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 10:33:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can check if you met Self Assessment criteria using link below and if you do not meet the criteria you ca nsend a submission to close your record and cancel the tax return.  

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 10:39:56 GMT by Michael Frostwick
Hi, After I left my self employed job, I received a second payment for that month that put me over the threshold of £1000 before any fuel expenses so I’ve submitted a self assessment on Sunday past. Kind Regards 

Name removed admin .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.