Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 19:09:32 GMT by
my business made a small loss in the last 2 years but I am also paye. I haven't earned over £1000 from self employment but have earned over the standard tax threshold in my normal employment. the loss in y1 was more than £1000 and same with year 2. Do I need to do a tax return or should I claim the trade expense?
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 12:21:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Lorien Gordon,
If you want to claim the losses then yes a tax return is required. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.