Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:31:06 GMT by mary man
Dear HMRC, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek clarification regarding the remittance basis and its associated ordering rules. I am currently in the process of completing the SA109 form for remittance basis application and split year treatment. I understand that the ordering rule for mixed funds requires calculations to be done in a specific sequence: income first, gains second, and capital last. However, I am encountering difficulties in calculating my remittance amount due to a specific scenario involving two accounts: account A is income with interest account B is capital with interest Question: if funds are only remitted from account B, in such a scenario, I am unsure about the proper ordering of calculations within this account. Specifically, I would like to confirm whether gains are prioritized over income from Account A, or if the income from Account A is considered first. Moreover, I am seeking clarity on whether the ordering rule is applied on an account-by-account basis or on a per-person basis. Your assistance in clarifying these aspects would be greatly appreciated. I value your expertise in this matter and believe that your insights will greatly contribute to my accurate completion of the remittance basis application. Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to your prompt response.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.